Friday, May 2, 2008

INDUSTRIO!

Cubans can now purchase computers. How wonderful. I should move to Havana now with all the sweet communist luxuries they have now. Get myself a steady government controlled job that pays me $19.50 a month (thats a real statistic). In this article they go on to explain that this computer goes for $780. It is a tower style QTECH PC and regular tube monitor. They are equipped with an Intel Celeron processor with 80 gigs of memory and 512 RAM, and run a Windows XP operating system. First off, can't you get a computer twice as good as that for less here in the states? Secondly, and stop me if I'm wrong here, but aren't those American parts? Isn't that against that little trade embargo thingy? Eh, whatever.

The last quote in the article, you know the one that's suppose to be all deep and emotional and stuff, said "Hotels, cell phones, DVD, Cuba is changing a lot." ...Alright! Its like some sort of awesome time warp. In Cuba right now its 1987. So like I said, I'm going to Cuba so I can use cell phones and watch Miami Vice! Oh wait, I can do that here? God, I love America. And Miami Vice.

1 comment:

Bellwether Meltdown said...

I'm guessing they buy processors and ram directly from the manufacturing plants in China.