Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Holy Roses Batman!

Shock
Silence
Excitement
Fear
Thrill
Joy
Fervor
And excitement

Those were the immediate reactions I had when I found out the Bulls, somehow, got the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft next season. Bellwether sent me a text and told me that Paxson must have made a deal with the devil. I agree. 1.7% chance. The 9 spot. The highest a 9 has moved up in the draft was to 6. Not anymore. On June 26th the Chicago Bulls will be the first team to take the podium.

Now onto who the Bulls should select. Derrick Rose. Derrick Rose. The Great Poohdini. The Mean Street Express. Derrick Rose. There's no question here.

"Every young kid who plays basketball dreams of playing in the NBA. The thought of being drafted by your hometown makes it extra special, especially when your team has a tradition like the Bulls and the great players that have come out of the organization. If it does happen, I promise to come ready and prepared to play, give it everything I have and do whatever I’m asked to do for the team."


He's going to be a great point guard for a long time in the NBA. It would be really nice if he was wearing Bulls across his chest while he's doing it. Added bonus besides the fact that he's he best player in this years draft? He's a home town kid. Grew up in Englewood idolizing Michael Jordan. Even wore #23 at Memphis, too bad he'll have to stop that tradition when he gets to Chicago. I cannot wait. Have I mentioned that I'm excited?

That right there looks so pretty.

No comments: