Monday, August 4, 2008

Good evening, we're Rage Against the Machine from Los Angeles, California

Those were the words spoken immediately before one of the greatest shows I've ever seen in my entire life. It was everything you could have wanted. They played all their hits, people almost died, Zack ranted about politics. I truly pity the people who went to go see Wilco instead of RATM. Somewhere between 60-70 thousand people made the same decision I made night two of Lollapalooza. I wonder if it was the last time they play in the states. I hope not.

The second best show I saw at Lollapalooza? Nine Inch Nails. Trent was great. There was so much going on during that show. All the visuals and technology, it was truly amazing. It wasn't just rock music, it was art.









Radiohead was ok. I appreciate how good they are at what they do, but I don't know/enjoy enough music from them to truly understand how good, or not good, that set was. To me, I liked it, even if it was a little boring.





Lupe Fiasco was really really great. I missed the very beginning of his set, which I'm told was "Kick, Push." I bet it was great, because everything else he did was. There was a choir, a horn section, Matthew Santos; it was solid.



Gogol Bordello was....











Gogol Bordello. They're always awesome. And I heard they played a really solid after party at Metro Friday night.


I was late to Saul Williams (I got to see him thank the crowd, and walk off stage). However, Saul can do no wrong, so I'm going to say he was great.



Love and Rockets was boring.

I heard part of the Toadies, they sounded better than I thought they would. Glad they played Possum Kingdom, for it is the only Toadies song I know.

The National just sounded like bad screaming, but honestly, I wasn't really paying much attention to it.

Jamie Lidell sounded awesome from the gates, but I didn't actually see him.

I think thats all I've got. Did I mention Rage Against the Machine was there?


Feel the funk blast.





EDIT: Thanks to my baby for getting me tickets, and Lolla lounge passes, and for generally being awesome.

1 comment:

Electra said...

I may be awesome, but I am not the Awesome Sauce. There can only be one.

P.S. It would really help me out a lot if you could take five to ten steps back from this blog.