Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bernie Mac, 1957-2008

Oh Bernie Mac. I've laughed with you, I've laughed at you. I've cheered for you and I've cheered with you. And for a few seconds, I thought you were going to make me cry (Mr. 3000: damn you sentimental ice cream truck story!). A fellow Sox fan has passed today, and for that I hang my hat at half staff.

Christine and I went to the last of the Sox/Cubs games this season (unless they were to meet up in a redline World Series) and you know who was there with us? Bernie Mac. He was there to throw out the first pitch (it was a strike) and to watch his beloved White Sox beat down on their crosstown 'rivals'.

Because I'm a sucker for bad movies, I've enjoyed almost everything Bernie Mac has been in: Mr. 3000, Guess Who, Head of State. I've also enjoyed the good movies: Oceans 11-13, Pride. Hell, I even liked the Bernie Mac Show. However, none of these things compare to his stand-up. I mean, come on, dude was one of the "Original Kings of Comedy."

Bernie Mac, you'll be motherf*&%in' missed, motherf*&%er.



check out Electra's take on this topic

No comments: