Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

If Ryan Theriot makes the all star game over Ramirez, Tejada, Reyes, or even Christian Fucking Guzman I think I'm going to petition MLB to not distribute ASG ballots at Wrigley.
Entering Sunday, Theriot had a .311 batting average, 41 runs scored and 13 stolen bases, so the All-Star attention is well-deserved.
Ryan Theriot also has a .760 OPS, third worst among all NL shortstops who qualify for the batting title. He's also got a sub 65% stolen base conversion percentage, anything below 70% actually hurts your team, he makes stupid outs at 3rd base, gets picked off the bases, is below average defensively, has a pop gun arm and is quite possibly the most annoying professional athlete to ever play in this city.


Of course I SHOULD just petition MLB to not let fans vote at all, because if we're going to continue this retarded crap and make the game count for something, managers should be allowed to bulid the teams however they like, and that includes leaving every single San Diego Padre off the team if they so choose.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

BLECH!!!

The Awesome Sauce said...

I bet if you measured the grinder index of Theriot, it's also higher than that of Nick Swisher.

You have the two grindiest players in Chicago.

Again, Congrats!!!

and yes, I know, you hate me

Bellwether Meltdown said...

Soooo very much.

Unknown said...

Luckily, Johnson reduced his grinder index w/ at least one, and really two, non-heady plays last night. He's losing his feistiness factor.