Thursday, April 9, 2009

Opening Week

I was going to write a post today talking about the opening week of baseball. How the Cubs look good and how the White Sox look, well, not so good. How Dewayne Wise should not be in the majors, let alone leading off for the White Sox. How Alfonso Soriano looks great, no matter where in the line up he's hitting. However, after hearing today's news, all of these ideas feel oddly vacant. The escape of sports lost some of its luster today. Life is short, and its all we have. I'm gonna take some time today and reflect on what sports has done for me in helping me share great moments with the people that I love. No matter what team it is I happen to be rooting for, I'm sure I have a memory or ten of that team creating a sincere moment for me to share with family and friends. Today I'm going to remember what it is exactly that I'm rooting for and what truly makes me a fan.

No comments: