Wednesday, April 30, 2008

IRONMAN

I went and saw Iron Man at a Q101 screening last night, and boy oh boy was it awesome. Robert Downey Jr. was a perfect Tony Stark, Gwyneth Paltrow was almost attractive, Stan Lee and Tom Morello had amusing cameos, shit exploded and people died. The movie had just about everything that I wanted. Jeff Bridges was a really great bad guy, even though it was a little hard seeing 'the dude' be all iron monger-y.

What a solid movie, let alone comic book movie. Well acted, well shot, and well directed (John Favreau). Marvel has made so many great characters and story lines. In the last 10 years there have been so many of Stan Lee's ideas turning into big box office hits -- Spiderman (1, 2 and 3), Fantastic 4 (1 and 2), Hulk (sucked, but they're makin a new, better one), X-Men (1, 2, and 3), and now Iron Man. And thats not all, they're already making Spiderman 4, X-Men 4 (Wolverine), Thor, Silver Surfer, Ant Man, Doctor Strange, Nick Fury and word has it they're making a Captain America movie as well. Does that mean they're going to make an Avengers movie too? Can you imagine Ed Norton (The Hulk), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and Robert Downey Jr. all in the same ass kicking movie, not even to mention whoever they cast for Thor, Captain America, and Ant man. That movie will kick a tremendus amount of ass. But back to Iron Man, Tony Stark was such a great and oddly twisted character. Plus he has awesome hair. Seriously, its great. Look at it, wonderful. How do I get my hair to look like that? I don't? Oh. Sad face.

ANYWHOOOO, go see the movie when it comes out on Friday. Definitely worth the time and money.


[EDIT] I forgot to mention the following Marvel movies: Daredevil, Elektra, the Punisher, Ghost Rider, Blade (1-3), Man-Thing and Howard the Duck. I suck.

2 comments:

Bellwether Meltdown said...

If Hawkeye doesn't show up prominently in either the Capitan America movie or The Avengers movie I'm going to be seriously pissed.

Electra said...

How dare you forget Elektra? It was great!

...oh wait, I'm sorry. I meant I'M great. Carry on.